Thursday 16 May 2013

School bad boy is new face of Scottish Government apprenticeship scheme


A TEARAWAY whose headmaster tried to get a court order banning him from school is now the face of an apprentice scheme.

Jordan Telfer, 23, was yesterday hailed as an example of how apprenticeships can help youngsters get their lives back on track.
Jordan said: “I made mistakes that I regret. I’m ashamed of what I’ve done.
“I was young and stupid but the past is the past and I can’t change what I’ve done.
“I’ve grown into a hard-working young man and I have the support of my employers.”
Jordan, who is in the third year of a traineeship, now features on the website of Skills Development Scotland, the apprenticeships arm of the Scottish Government.
He became notorious in his home town of Symington, Ayrshire, in 2006. Prestwick Academy’s head wrote to parents urging them to help him get an interdict preventing Jordan attending the school due to his constant bad behaviour.  READ MORE
admin team Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

No comments:

Post a Comment